Public consultation, projects and publications
There are no items for public consultation at this time.
Projects and activities
Development Control Plan for KAVHA
- Draft Development Control Plan PDF: 8.12 MB
- Consultation Outcomes Report PDF: 9.44 MB
- Fact Sheet (May 2019) PDF: 352 KB
- Project Update (May 2019) PDF: 1197 KB
- KAVHA DCP Exhibition Gazette Notice PDF: 271 KB
A draft Development Control Plan (DCP) for KAVHA has been developed to help preserve KAVHA’s heritage and to enable the community’s ongoing use of the area.
AECOM Australia was engaged by the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development to work closely with the community and Norfolk Island Regional Council to prepare a draft DCP.
Consultation was undertaken on Norfolk Island in April and June 2019, and local community input and feedback has informed the draft plan.
Public consultation on the draft DCP under the Planning Act 2002 (NI) closed on 25 November 2019. The DCP is currently being finalised, taking into account feedback received.
If you would like to find out more about the DCP, please contact Jodie Brown, Senior Strategic Planner, Norfolk Island Regional Council on +6723 23595 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cultural Landscape Management Plan
- KAVHA Cultural Landscape Management Plan, September 2018 PDF: 14.3 MB
- KAVHA Cultural Landscape Management Plan Consultation Outcomes Report PDF: 3.42 MB
- KAVHA Cultural Landscape Management Plan fact sheet PDF: 304 KB
The KAVHA Cultural Landscape Management Plan (CLMP) was revised following feedback from the community and the plan has now been finalised.
The CLMP is a guiding document that will help preserve the site’s heritage values and its place in the everyday lives of the community. It includes a large number of recommendations covering a wide range of landscape issues including water, livestock, traffic and vegetation management.
The recommendations will inform the long-term management of KAVHA but are not directions and are not set in stone. There will be a staged approach to implementation and in many cases, opportunities for further community involvement as specific projects are progressed in consultation with the KAVHA Community Advisory Group.
A copy of the CLMP is available above and at the Research Centre at No.9 Quality Row. Along with the CLMP, a Consultation Outcomes Report that provides a response to specific feedback received on the CLMP and a short fact sheet are also available above.
If you would like to find out more about the CLMP, please contact Martin Purslow, Commonwealth Heritage Manager, on 0011 6723 23115 or at email@example.com.
KAVHA Interpretation Plan
- Draft KAVHA Interpretation Plan (2019) PDF: 10512 KB
- KAVHA Interpretation Plan Terms of Reference PDF: 20 KB
A draft Interpretation Plan has been developed to ensure that a broad range of stories are interpreted and presented at KAVHA to attract and engage our community and visitors to discover Norfolk Island’s unique cultural heritage. These stories will cover the many layers of KAVHA’s history, including Polynesian, convict and Pitcairn.
The public consultation undertaken in April 2019 will help inform the final Interpretation Plan
Archaeological Zoning and Management Plan
- Draft Archaeological Zoning and Management Plan volume 1 PDF: 4.57 MB
- Draft Archaeological Zoning and Management Plan volume 2 PDF: 133 MB
- Archaeological Zoning and Management Plan fact sheet PDF: 227 KB
The Archaeological Zoning and Management Plan (AZMP) for Kingston and Arthur’s Vale Historic Area (KAVHA) is designed to assist with appropriately managing the archaeology from all phases of KAVHA’s history. The AZMP aims to help those who work and live at KAVHA to plan and undertake projects, that may require ground disturbance, with greater confidence.
Volume 1 of the AZMP contains general policies, guidelines, a research framework, and precinct specific archaeological management policies for KAVHA. Volume 2 consists of precinct-based Geographic Information System (GIS) maps. The AZMP is supported by a GIS-based spatial data set of KAVHA’s known and predicted archaeological resources.
A copy of the draft AZMP and a short fact sheet on the AZMP is available above.
Public consultation on the draft AZMP has closed. The AZMP is currently being finalised, taking into account feedback received.
If you would like to find out more about the AZMP, please contact Martin Purslow, Commonwealth Heritage Manger, on 0011 6723 23115 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Draft Heritage Management Plan for the HMS Sirius Shipwreck (2018) PDF: 4228 KB
- Development of A Masterplan for Kingston and Arthur’s Vale Historic Area (KAVHA): Concepts from Public Consultation (2018) PDF: 15115 KB
- Government House Landscape & Garden Maintenance Advice (2017) PDF: 4576 KB
- KAVHA Condition and Conservation Report (2017) PDF: 11561 KB
- KAVHA Economic Feasibility Study—Final Report (2017) PDF: 1737 KB
- KAVHA Visual Identity Guidelines (2017) PDF: 3569 KB
- KAVHA Heritage Management Plan (2016)
- KAVHA Interpretation Strategy (2011) PDF: 5748 KB
- KAVHA Safety Reports
The three reports linked below assess risks associated with KAVHA and propose solutions to high priority issues. The KAVHA Safety Hazard Scoping Study is a comprehensive assessment of the risks to visitors and users of KAVHA as well as to the heritage structures. The KAVHA Safety Hazard Investigations report follows on from the scoping study, proposing engineering responses to mitigate several of the highest risks to people and structures. These design concepts were then independently reviewed, as documented in the third report. The department is working to resolve the safety risks and to implement solutions which are based on the advice in the AECOM report and the other expert technical advice.